Thursday, May 17, 2007

Perimenopause

I have decided that I don't want to be on the pill anymore. Now, many of you are probably thinking it's because I am too embarrassed to pick up my prescription. While that is partially true, it's mostly because I am slowly gaining weight and the pill isn't helping matters.

So I have spent most of last weekend researching. I really didn't know I was this person, but I am definitely drawn to more holistic kind of healing. I don't want you to think I am pulling out my crystals and burning incense to the earth goddess for healing powers, but I am certainly not keen on taking more and more drugs.

So I have discovered a website called Women To Women. I read everything on that website and thought that joining their program couldn't hurt. I have decided that if I am going to try it, I will do it full-force. I will be taking the supplements twice a day and rubbing progesterone cream into my skin twice a day. Also, they recommend a complete overhaul of your nutrition. I just so happen to be very familiar with the program they are recommending, so that is good. The hard part is the detox process.

I quit all caffeine, refined grains, processed food, and sugar...among other things. It is not easy! I told Carlos that I was going to wean myself off the caffeine and he encouraged me to go "cold turkey". I think he hates me.

For two days I have suffered with a migraine so bad that blinking hurts. Carlos' remedy..."then don't blink". I would have smacked him but it would have hurt my head. It's a little better today, but the sugar cravings are out of control. Pray for my toxic little soul!

Love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am praying for your toxic soul over a cup of coffee. I hope it helps! :)

Are you SURE you can't come to Vegas?? :) It would make a great toxifying trip for you! hehehe!

You are going to do great, as always. We're off to go pick up a beautiful retro dining set I bought from someone at work this week. I can't wait to get it in the house. I'll try and remember to not only take some pictures, but to then get them off the camera and online!

Love to you, Carlos, and the kiddos!