Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ski Trip!!!

Well, we made it out alive!!! Woooooo! We all had such a great time! I decided to just post all of the pictures here on the blog, as I can't seem to get the picture blog to work. The first day, Tony, Cristina, Amanda and I all took a lesson while Carlos skied the expert slopes. Our lesson was pretty funny with the right perspective. The girls didn't enjoy it all that much as the instructor was very Hitler-y. The most disgusting part were the snotcicles on the instructors face
clinging to his beard. We fell a lot, and learned how to stand up. "YOUR SKIS MUST BE PARALLEL TO THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!" I can't tell you how many times we heard our instructor shouting this at us! Turns out, it is a really handy tip! Otherwise you are inadvertently skiing backwards down a mountain and that is slightly embarrassing and scary.

The girls were amazing! They picked it up so quick and were so brave! I was really impressed and proud of them! Yes, Tony, I was proud of you too. He was also very brave! I was not as brave but that was probably due to the highlight of my skiing trip. On the second day we were on an intermediate slope. I was cruising down the hill thinking "please don't fall, please don't fall, oh shit, oh shit, you are going too fast..... oh shit, there is a kid and he is stopping......" Then suddenly CRASH!!! I ran over a 6 year old. Skis and poles were scattered everywhere and I slid down the hill a few feet. I look up and there is a little crumpled body laying in the snow crying. I got my other ski off and crawled up the hill to him. He was laying there crying and saying "It hurts, it hurts". I am feeling pretty shitty at this point and trying to comfort him. I untwisted his little legs and helped him up and he skied off with his class. He immediately stopped crying and seemed fine. I, on the other hand, was feeling incredibly mortified and embarrassed! The worst part, was as I was falling, I was experiencing some interesting body contortions as I was trying to avoid landing on him. As a result, I think I pulled several muscles in my left leg. I managed to ski a few more runs after that, but the pain was increasing and I had to finally quit. Luckily it was at the end of the day. On a very embarrassing side note, this crash happened right underneath the ski lift and I was had given the people a little horror show. Mortifying!

In spite of my little mishap, we all had a very good time. Skiing is exhilarating and scary, but very fun. Enjoy the pictures! Love you guys! (If you click on a particular picture, you will get a much larger version).



Tony and Cristina in the lodge. Tony looks so introspective!

Amanda in the lodge looking so cute!

Amanda on the slopes. So confident!

Beautiful Cristina!
Cristina on the ground. It's the first day, she didn't fall that much on the second day.

Carlos and Tony. Tony got a lot of dirty looks from his hat.

Me and Carlos getting ready to go down the slope.

Me and Amanda on the ski lift.

This is the start of the second day and we went to the intermediate slopes. The ski lift was much higher and much longer. Amanda looks a little nervous.

View from the ski lift. It was more overcast the second day. The views were so pretty!

Self-portrait! I was still feeling confident and hadn't almost killed a small child yet.

I love those guys! Don't they look so cute?

Tony holding his imaginary ski poles. What I love about this picture is the little monkey behind him. HAHAHAHAHA!

Another picture from the top of the intermediate slope. That is Amanda on the left on her way down. So cute!

Amanda and me in the lodge having lunch.

Amanda and Carlos in the lodge.

Cristina and Tony.

View from the bottom of the mountain. This is the intermediate slope.

This is a picture of the more advanced runs. Carlos, Tony, Amanda and Cristina did the runs to the left of the lift. They are so brave!!!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What great pictures!! You all look so Hollywood!! :)

I about lost it reading about your adventure down the hill.... I was getting a visual.... Oh my Monica!! How funny!! I hope you are not as sore tomorrow!

Looks like a great time! I should go try it sometime! I have never skied or ice skated yet.... That's terrible huh? Although, I could probebly say... I am better off not trying because knowing me, I would break something.... HA HA ! Oh crap... who cares!! I would try! :)

Love you!

Great pics!!! Did you get your hair permed? Love the sexy curls you got going there! :)

Anonymous said...

oops.... forgot to add my name to the last post.....

It's me!!!

Yvette :)

Love you!

Monica said...

Hi Yvette! I could tell it was you! :) I am glad you liked the pictures! Yes, I am still a little sore, but I would be willing to go again! Crazy! You should really try it! It is exhilarating and scary, but so much fun! No, I didn't get a perm, just too lazy to straighten my hair like I usually do. I am glad you liked it. I felt like a hippie!!!

Love you!