Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh my feet....

I can't tell you how long it's been that I have had to wear actual shoes this many days in a row! Today I wore a pair that absolutely killed me. In fact, while I was strolling down the halls, I was humming a sweet little tune (the theme song from "Weeds"...how charming! People are going to think I am a pothead now!) trying to keep from whimpering with every step. Am I going to have to resort to wearing these?



When I would rather be wearing these?


In an hour I will be required to put on a pair of sneakers to teach Jazzercise and the thought makes me want to cry. My feet are still throbbing and I took off the offending pair of torture devices over an hour ago. Perhaps I should teach class in my bare feet? I would be much happier!

I have heard a nasty rumor around the office that the average "new hire" gains 10 pounds when they start working there. That is because all of the employees are pampered little princes and princesses. We provide a plethora of snacks, drinks, candy, chips, coffee, cookies, muffins, donuts, etc..... FREE!!! I get to work one-on-one with all of the treats and I have to tell you....free candy tastes really good!

I have to stop the madness! I have to start eating healthy! Carlos asked if there were any skinny girls working there. There are three of us that would be considered a healthy weight.....we are all new. All the other women are pleasantly plump. I wish I was allergic to sugar. I need to go back to eating low-carb and just not eating sugar at all. Then I won't be tempted. Yeah right!

I hope you all are well!

2 comments:

Antonio said...

Well it's a god thing you gained the 10 pounds before you started working there, right? Right?

*Burn*

I love you....

Unknown said...

aversion therapy works for me as far as sugar is concerned. since I had surgery, when I have highly sweetened things, I feel like I'm being stabbed in the sternum. Not a very pleasant experience, and it is for about an hour. I have NO problem turning down sugar now!

Love you sweetie! I'll email you soon with my flight info for when I'm in Winchester!

And, because I know you're going to be reading, Tony, I have a HUGE favor to ask of you. Would you be willing to buy me a long-sleeved men's L t-shirt from VooDooFest this year? I have last year's shirt but I'd love to have one from this year to wear while I'm in Iraq!