Thursday, August 31, 2006

Decisions

So I went for my "interview" today. It was the strangest interview experience of my life! First of all, when I smiled at the interviewer, she said "Wow! You have a great smile! I want to hire you right now!" (I kinda thought she wanted a date!) She asked me why I wanted to work for the company, I gave my answer, and she asked me no more questions. I guess I gave the right answer because she moved me straight into the testing phase!

I was sat down at a telephone and told the test would take about 20 minutes. I was told it was an honesty and integrity test. Here is a sample question: If you were to walk up to a vending machine to purchase a soda, the machine malfunctioned and you got it for free, would you still insert the money into the machine? Heck no! You know how much money I have lost in those machines over the years? I couldn't say that though.... Press 1 for yes, or 2 for no. Facinating!

After completing the 20 minute exam of conscience, I sat nervously by while my new girlfriend called back to check my scores. I guess I passed because I was then moved on to the computer testing phase.

I was sat down to a computer and had to complete a 50 question exam to ensure I can count and read. Once I completed the exam, my GF came by to see my scores. Once again, I passed (I guess) and was told there would be a criminal check done on me. So now I wait while they find out that I have no criminal record. Then my new GF will call me and stick a q-tip in my mouth for a drug test. (Is that when she is going to hit on me?) I will certainly pass that test too.....then I will have a decision to make....

I found out that the $2 extra is only if I work full time....otherwise, my salary would be the same as it is now.

6 comments:

Antonio said...

In theory, you will be making more money since you are going to be driving less. Still, you could ask for a swab elsewhere ;)

Monica said...

I know, we have thought of that. I don't know what to do. :(

Antonio said...

I think that the best solution is finding your favorite brother-in-law a nice cheap floozy with low standards and expectations.

Eileen said...

Sounds like an interesting interview - I loved the bit about being 'hit on'..lol I agree with Antonio, re: the money - less traveling/more pay. Then there is the other thing of course...peace of mind? The current job sounds a bit 'hair raising'..lol Have they given you time to think about it? I hope you work something out. Still holding thumbs..

Antonio said...

Eileen -
You agree with me on the less traveling bit but not on the cheep floozy bit? I'll take any help I can get!

Eileen said...

Antonio, There are some ragin' cajun beauties down here...I will keep a look-out!! Hahaha!

I forgot my login info and couldn't get back into your blog to comment, Monica -lol! Figured it out eventually.